Replaced with 1 to 1 Training
Sorry, this is no longer offered, instead, we now provide 1 to 1 Training.
Find out more on our training service page.
Learn WordPress in ONE day
Our course will give you the knowledge and confidence to set up, create, edit and manage a WordPress website
Only £150 per person
WordPress training course outline
- Time 9am - 5pm
- Please note that you will need to bring your own laptop (PC or Mac)
- A WordPress training website is provided for attendees to learn on during the day
- Attendees get electronic copies of the training materials used throughout the day
- Refreshments provided, tea, coffee and biscuits
- The course is ideal if you want to learn how to build a new website, or learn how to update and improve your existing website
- No experience required! As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a WordPress website
- Small class sizes - keeping numbers down makes sure you get the most out of the course
How to set up WordPress
- Introduction to WordPress
- How to set up a WordPress website in 15 mins
How to publish posts, pages, embed images and video
- How to manage and edit content in WordPress
- A breakdown of managing content within WordPress
- How to layout professional looking pages and posts
- How to add links to your content
- Inserting and embedding all kinds of media such as images, audio & video
- How to create, arrange and edit menus
- How blog comments work
- How to monitor and moderate comments
- How to stop spam (both comments and contact forms)
Need help deciding if this is right for you?
We are happy to run through your queries. Call us on: 01666 500873
How to make your site look attractive & professional with themes
- What are WordPress themes and how to use them
- How to install WordPress themes
- Recommended WordPress themes
Adding specific functionality to your site with WordPress plugins
- Overview of plugins; what are they and how they work
- How to install WordPress plugins
- 5 top WordPress plugins and what they do
- How to use plugins and widgets to improve your website’s functionality
SocialMedia and your website
- How to sharing your content on other social networks
- Auto-posting to Twitter
- Adding ‘Share’ buttons
- How to add a newsletter
Search Engine optimisation
- How to make sure your website is optimised for Search Engines
- Use ‘pretty url’s’ that will improve ‘click through’ rates
- Tagging and categorising your posts – how to do it and why it’s important
- How to add meta descriptions in your content to improve ranking
- Best practices when linking
This course will enable you to:
- Create a WordPress website
- Manage, update and improve an existing WordPress website
- Use WordPress to manage your website content
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
- Automate posts to Social Networks
- Promote your website
- Manage comments
- Understand WordPress themes, plugins and widgets
- Electronic copies of all training materials to use on the day and to keep for future reference
- Complimentary refreshments throughout the course
Who's running the course?
WordPress training courses are run by me Duncan Michael-MacGregor. WordPress is a passion of mine and I have been using it from the early days when it was just a modest blogging platform.
Over the past 15 years, I have trained lots of people and have a good reputation within the WordPress community.
If you have any questions regarding the course please get in touch with me directly at:
[email protected] or call: 020 7558 8997.
Book your place now to avoid disappointment!
Completion of this form will secure your place on this workshop. Email confirmation regarding payment and course details will be sent to you.
Location of courses
Courses take place at The Growth Hub Cirencester. This fantastic venue has:
- Free on site parking
- Large 4k conference display
- High speed internet